Monday, July 22, 2013

Re-purpose and Recycle Part 1 1/2

I know your thinking, what has taken me so long to get on with this project.I didn't forget or put it on the back burner. Thus, that's why this is named Part 1 1/2.
It has rained and stormed for the last several days here in the south. I checked the grape vine today to see if there were any old pieces I could harvest, it may be fall before it stops growing out of control and I can harvest it. Much too green for now. I did however clips some branches from my Rose of Sharon shrub/tree. This is cool wood, straight but loads of knots and knobs that will catch the fibers I want to attach to them. They are drying out as we speak.

I was playing around with the 'fire and ice ' piece today along with a 11' x 14 " wooden frame and some #8 Perle thread in turquoise and came up with this. The strings do need to to be much tighter, and is  NOT done by no means but its a work in progress. Thinking about drilling holes in frame and using washers or buttons to help tighten  it up. Should I paint the frame? Plus I am not sure on what to do with the bottom edge, should the stringing be all the way around it ? Or leave the bottom loose?

Just thinking aloud or out side of the box.

Hmm, ideas are a working.






I cut around the 'blue bird' piece but in disassembling it the wool back came off and the cheap stabilizer I had sandwiched between it had become a grainy mess. It will need a new piece before adding a back on to it. Lesson learned cheap is not better, stick to the good stuff, or at least better quality.

Thinking of using the branches I clipped today; I like the  image of birds, nest and branches. Plus there is lots of woodsy undertones in the fibers used in it.

So I'll get back to it. Part 2 coming soon. Stay tuned.

-TNfrmgrl

No comments: